Friday, December 12, 2008

Final Interview with EK

The interview itself is nothing but a coffee-like chit-chat. In my case, we spent about 20 minutes chatting. The recruiters were very nice and friendly. Here is the list of some of the questions I was asked:

1) Why do you want to work for Emirates?
2) Give an example of a situation when you knew the rules prescribed one way of doing things and yet you followed the other one. Why? What was the outcome? (Here, I would recommend not to mention anything shocking. I mentioned a story with a 2-hour before departure rule at the airport and me not following it. However, I also made it sound that because I did not follow the rule I actually got burnt and was taught a lesson that no matter how rule seems bizarre, it is there to be followed)
3)Give an example when your initiative worked.
4) Give an example of the worst customer you have ever had. How did you handle it (Needless to say, you accommodated his/her needs even if you were on the edge of loosing your patience. Making others feel comfortable is paramount; your needs come second).
5)Give example when you did not obey the authority
6)Give an example when you did more than you were supposed to (and of course, you did something that helped others, even at your own expense).

There were some more questions, but I can't remember any of them.

I heard that others were asked these:

Tell me something about you what is not on your CV
What was the biggest challenge for you when going to a foreign country
How do you imagine FA's working day.

A few tips:

1) speak quickly but not too quickly. The recruiter takes notes and you want to make sure that he/she puts down every single good thing about you;
2) smile (a billion times);
3) sit straight and appear confident (after all, in crisis situations you are the one who will act and who will be responsible for others)
4) be well-groomed
5) have some questions to the recruiter, too. Show that you are interested in EK as much as they may be in you. Two-three simple questions is enough (something like, "What was the most unpleasant thing you had to do on board?", "Living in Dubai, can I can some language courses in Arabic?", etc.

If your file is complete (i.e., you have submitted the required photos {1 full length in business attire plus 2-3 casual, passport size and required papers}, they say you can expect to hear from them in 1 to 3 weeks.

I am down to my second week. Indeed, waiting is the worst.

What I did so far:

1) read more about Emirates than an ordinary person did (now I feel I can teach Emirates 101)
2) took HIV test (saves time in case you are accepted)
3) checked my phone a millions times
4) for those who speak Russian (позвони мне, позвони, Емирейтс);
5) made great friends wit people I met;
6) keep on reading pprune and other blogs. This does help.

Second week to go....

No comments:

Followers